Resource: Examining Bias in the media (Sir Sam Hughes’s Dismissal)
More Literacy Resources:
1. Think Literacy (Ontario Ministry of Education)
– features ready to use lessons for every area of the curriculum
– outlines general reading, writing and thinking literacy strategies which can be applied across the curriculum
2. Pre, During and Post Reading Strategies
3. Facing History and Ourselves: Teaching Strategies for Critical Thinking and Literacy
Activity: Students make Observations about what happens in the short film. Then they make inferences about what is being suggested by the things they observed. Encourage creative and thoughtful ideas. They aren’t ‘right’ answers, just ‘better’ answers.