Steph is an engagement, education, and technology expert. She is constantly working to unlearn mindsets which result in inequities for Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ students and colleagues. She has coordinated the OCSB elearning program for 4.5 years and assists teachers working to leverage technology from kindergarten to grade 12. She has presented at various conferences across Canada demonstrating how digital tools can be used for differentiation, deepen understanding and to promote activism for social justice. As she returns to the classroom in September 2022, she looks forward to applying equitable and responsive strategies to engage students from grade 9 – 12 in History, Geography and Social Sciences. She has experience in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program, the New South Wales (Australia) Board of Studies Curriculum, and taught in Glasgow, Scotland. She can be found most days enjoying a grilled cheese sandwich, planning her next trip abroad and would like to say, “pspsps” to your cat.
- Learning Technologies Consultant, Ottawa Catholic School Board (2018 – 2022)
- Seconded Teacher, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Education, 2012-2015, 2022
- Experience in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program
- Taught Board of Studies Curriculum, New South Wales, Australia
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Glasgow, Scotland
- Associate teacher for 12 years, host to 16 Teacher Candidates
- Department Head, Contemporary Studies, 2022 Notre Dame, 2010-2018 St Patrick’s and Holy Trinity Catholic High Schools,
- Teacher Co-coodinator, Social Justice trips to Dominican Republic and El Salvador, 2007 – 2015
2 thoughts on “About the Author”
Hi Ms. Pearson. Enjoyed browsing your blog. We have a similar approach to education. Check out my blog at janineschaub.com.
Hello Stephanie. I came across your blog trying to create lesson plans for a course. I teach the Intermediate Geography course to students of Nipissing University in Brantford, ON. I also teach full time history and geography at a high school in Brantford. Enjoyed your blog! Always wanted to create one myself, but don’t know where to begin.